If you’re a parent, your day probably starts with a long list of things to do just to get your kids out the door in the morning. Between attempts to get kids out of bed, dressed for school, and ready with their backpacks, you likely barely have time for your coffee. Even more likely is that through all this chaos, you are wishing it could all be a little easier…right? Well, we are here to tell you it can be! The organizational experts at More Space Place Jacksonville are here to help make getting ready for school quicker and easier this fall. Let’s take a look!
You probably do your best to prepare as much as possible ahead of time. Not only does this save you time in the long run but it helps establish order in the home. However, you can’t do it alone! Preparation should involve your kids as much as possible to make your job easier.
- Get ahead of weekday lunches by organizing your pantry assembly line style. Shelving and baskets organized by type of snack make it easy for kids to run down the line and throw one of each kind in their lunchbox every morning. Talk to us about custom pantries to make this even simpler.
- With a valet bar in the closet, you can hang up outfits for your kids the night before and have it ready to go when they wake up. Custom closet features like accessory drawers and shoe racks will keep everything visible and easy to grab on a hectic morning before school.
- Have an assigned spot somewhere in your home for each of the kids’ backpacks, jackets, sports bags, or whatever they need to bring to and from school or practice. A mudroom will solve your problem of finding backpacks and clothes scattered around the house and reduce the time you spend picking up. If you don’t have space for a full mudroom, consider hooks and sleek cubbies by the door to help.
Expectations, Boundaries, and Rewards
Talk to your kids about bedtimes, bath time, wake-up times, TV/mobile, games on/off times. Then come up with a points and rewards system. Every time your kids successfully meet an expectation, they get a point. Once they reach a set number of points they get a reward and will learn valuable lessons about responsibility and goal-setting.
Other Useful Organizational Tips and Tricks
- Make up alternative outfit sets to account for inclement weather.
- Buy a tackle box to keep bows, hair clips, headbands, jewelry, mobile phones, chargers, etc. organized versus stuffed in a drawer or left on the dresser.
- Designate a “command central” somewhere in your home and post a daily calendar and/or organizational chart to post each child’s activity schedule and anything else that needs to be addressed on a daily basis.
- Pre-prepare extra-curricular activity bags for grab and go ease after school.
- Add a dry erase board to your command central area so everyone in the family can leave notes to each other.
- Add a timer to the bathroom if you have a large family and limited bathroom space.
- Assign everyone their own individual bathroom space where their toiletries can be kept neatly.
More Space Place Jacksonville is your gateway to easier mornings. We offer a wide variety of closet and storage solutions for you. Contact us today to transform the efficiency and organization in your home. Why not allow one of our experts to help make your life easier? You’ll be glad you did! We proudly serve the greater Jacksonville area.